The Joy Factor

Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011 19

I’ve got a little bit of exciting news to share…I’m going to be interviewed about my photography journey on the radio! KZUM is a local radio station that hosts the Joy Factor, a show that “features extra-ordinary stories from ordinary people who brought something they loved to life.”Ā  I was contacted by Joy Factor host, Sheila Stratton, who heard about my photography and my story through a friend of hers who knows me (thanks, Marcia!). Sheila and I chatted a bit on the phone about how I came to explore and bring forth this creative life, and she thought it sounded perfect for the show.

I am really excited to share more of my story with Sheila and her listeners. The Joy Factor is on every Wednesday evening from 6:00-6:30pm Central. I will be on the show March 2nd. If you’re local, you can listen in at 89.3fm. For those folks not local, you can listen to live streaming on their website. How cool is that? Sheila said they will record my show (like they do with all guests) and post the interview to their Facebook page. I’ll also be posting it here at Life Refocused.Ā  So if you miss it that night, fear not–you can find it later šŸ™‚

I’ve been spending some time reflecting on my journey, thinking about what I want to share during the interview. It’s been good to remember back to buying my first “real” camera, starting the blog, attending Squam, revealing that I was having my first photography show, hosting the Opening Reception of the show, and opening my Etsy shop. It’s been an amazing and growthful year. I’m remembering the range of emotions I’ve felt along the way–everything from excitement to anxiety to fear to total elation. I’m remembering the demons and the self-criticism I’ve experienced, too. I see more clearly that it’s all part of the process, that any and all of us who dip our toes in the pool of creativity go through these same struggles and triumphs.

If you were being interviewed about your creative journey, what would you want to share with listeners?

1. Roxanne says:

I am incredibly inspired by your journey and successes and have found great joy in reading about them. Congratulations on your accomplishments! I would love to hear what kept you going through the initial steps and how you battled uncertainty, of the financial nature and otherwise. Thank you so much for your inspiring example!

Roxanne,
      Thanks for your kind comment and your thoughts on what you’d like to hear about in an interview (or on the blog!). I so appreciate you stopping by Life Refocused and saying “hi!”

2. Rod says:

LOVE the Lambretta/reflection photo!

3. Darlene says:

Awesome – congrats to you!!!!
    So glad we met at the shuttersisters snap happy hour and I can see where your journey into photography takes you

4. Laura says:

Megs, you’ve accomplished so much! VERY cool that you’ll be interviewed on the show– and perhaps the connection that suggested you is indeed the mutual pal who I think it might be? Connections are GOOD! Happy for all you’re doing, and miss seeing your smile in person. Keep working hard and focusing on all that brings you JOY!

5. Christa says:

Wonderful – congratulations! And how very cool that you are taking this as an opportunity to reflect….

So exciting! I love following your creative journey!

7. Piper Larson says:

I am so happy for you!
    ~Piper

8. Elizabeth says:

Awesome!!! I will definitely be tuning in!

9. Amy says:

Great news about the upcoming interview! Lovely reflection photo too! xoxoxo

10. Bria says:

Congratulations!!! I feel very connected with what you have to say here. Though I’ve had my own Etsy shop for a couple years now, it has only been this last year that I feel everything is starting to come together.

If I were to be interviewed I would share what inspired me to move forward with my art, open an Etsy shop, and start seeking out show venues. Maybe it would help inspire other people to pursue their art.

Again, congratulations! I can’t wait to see your follow up post. šŸ™‚

Bria–thanks for your warm thoughts and glad what I’ve shared resonates with you. I appreciate your thoughts on what you would share if you were interviewed!

11. Yvette says:

Wow that’s a great opportunity!!
    I am sure it will be a great interview.

12. Tiffany Hogan says:

Congrats Meghan! I can’t wait to listen. Love the pictures too. What AWESOME reflections!

13. Congrats on the interview! Well-deserved and I’m sure it will go just as you want it to šŸ™‚

14. stef says:

so awesome! congrats!!!

xo

15. Sarah Jean says:

Congratulations on the interview, Meghan!!! I am SO, SO, SO excited for you! Also, love the reflections šŸ™‚ Can’t wait to hear more about the interview — you are a ROCK STAR!

16. mary says:

That’s wonderful. Congrats. I can’t wait to hear what you have to say about your creative journey. I love coming here and I, too, am always inspired.

17. mary ebers says:

WOW! That is so cool, congrats! I will be listening for sure. šŸ™‚