“The Girl”

Wednesday, March 16th, 2011 8

It’s mid-March. Whew. How did we get here? For me, it’s been a full 2.5 months since the start of 2011. Although I’ve spent a good deal of time lamenting the amount of work I had on my plate, I’m beyond pleased to share that I’ve met all of those external deadlines. As I’ve been feeling a bit of freedom in my head and heart since the deadlines have been met, I’ve noticed my attention turning toward longings. Toward hopes. Toward *big* dreams. And I’ve been reminded of this young girl…

She feels so far away from me. I even referred to her (well, this photo) this week as “the girl.” I know she still dwells inside me…somewhere. I wonder what she longed for. What she hoped. What she dreamed.  I’m wanting to spend some time getting reacquainted with her, with me. The girl she was and the woman I am.

What about you? Does “the girl” or “the boy” reside deep within you?

1. pieces of me says:

oh does this hit home….there is definitely a little girl stuck in there.

2. Celina Wyss says:

You go girl, dream big. Sending you and the girl inside of you big hugs.

I feel I lost the girl for a while. But strangely, the older I get the closer she seems again.

4. Karen says:

My girl has been a bit lost for awile also, thanks for the reminder to get back in touch with her.

hugs
    Karen

5. Tanya says:

Great photo within a photo, Meghan. I feel like I’ve been out of touch with “my girl” for a while now. However, I do have a “Mini Me” that helps to remind me of all of the wonders of childhood:)

6. Tiffany Hogan says:

Congratulations Meghan on reaching your many deadlines! You rock!! As for me, my inner child wants more sleep these days. 🙂

My girl is probably 10 years old and fearless. I think that is what I miss most about her — her confidence that she will succeed and anything and everything. Thinking about her makes me happy.

8. […] from have been artists. But I never felt like I was an “artist.” Remember, I was the little girl whose 2nd grade teacher definitively asserted on my report card that I had no artistic talent […]