A Stunner

Tuesday, May 1st, 2012 10

As many of you know, I adore my Polaroid cameras and am having a love affair with film. I am working on my one little word of practice and am making a concerted effort to (a) stop hoarding my mini-fridge full of instant film and (b) shoot, shoot, shoot that film! I will admit that while I love the folks at the Impossible Project and all they are doing to keep film alive for all of us Polaroid-worshipers (thank you!!), I do struggle a bit with some of the film. There is simply a learning curve with each type of film (e.g., PX70 vs. PX680), as well as each batch of film (i.e., the date it’s manufactured) that is produced. And I accept that. After all, that allows for some of the magical mystery behind each and every image that shoots out of my camera. But, it can also lead to some frustration and some disappointing moments when turning over the photograph reveals that it is underexposed, not developed in parts, or has streaking or snakeskin throughout.

So when a beauty shows itself in that iconic little white frame…well, it takes my breath away. A stunner.

This is my 8/365 shot, but I just couldn’t NOT show the splendor of this tree on the main page. I couldn’t bear for you to miss it.

1. Marcie says:

Absolutely gorgeous..dreamy. Love..love..love it!

2. Kristina says:

It is beautiful!

3. Trees are my favorite! So majestic!

For some reason seeing the Polaroids that come out of your camera gives me a thrill too!

5. Sarah says:

lovely! Thanks for sharing!!

6. Debra says:

*sigh* When it comes together it really is like holding a little piece of magic in your hand, isn’t it? Beautiful shot.

7. kirstin says:

This is truly wonderful, Meghan! I had my first success (after 6 months) with Impossible Project film yesterday. It was totally worth it, but boy has it been a struggle!

8. Really beautiful. Love when something like this comes out of the polaroid. A single photo like this is is just so exciting and makes the cost of a pack of TIP film worth it. (and I’m so glad to read Kirstin’s update too!)

Deirdre — Thanks so much for coming by my site and saying hi. A great Polaroid shot makes my day!! I adore your photography. Glad we are connecting. xoxo