Lens Shopping

Thursday, March 24th, 2011 10
Posted in: SOOC

Life Refocused has taken a back seat this past week as I traveled to DC for work, then returned home only to prepare for leaving town again. In the midst of grant meetings in DC, a mixed media workshop, a painting day with my kindreds here in Lincoln, and prepping for my upcoming trip to Oregon (woot!), I’ve been lens shopping. I’ve borrowed and/or rented three lenses: a 100mm Macro, a 50mm Compact Macro, and a 24-70mm. They are all terrific lenses, and honestly, testing each of them has only made me more confused as to what my ultimate decision should be. So as I’m packing, take a look at some of the photographs I’ve shot this past week. As always (up to this point, anyway), everything is SOOC. One disclaimer–first shot is with my fixed 50mm f/1.8.

Any faves? If you’re a photographer, what’s your go-to lens?

1. Ken McRae says:

Years ago when I took photos people would ask me what type of camera I had as if it was the camera that produced the photo. Yes the camera is part of the production process but for me its more about the photographer and the camera/lens is way down on the list of what makes a good photo. I like the “play”, brushes, light at the capital , Zen twig, farm field, and rear light in that order.

2. pieces of me says:

I am shopping for one too and I will be getting a 50mm 1/4. Can’t wait! I have read that this is a go to lens to have for anyone. 🙂

3. pieces of me says:

wait. forgot to mention how I love these shots 🙂 love the details in the cars and chipped green paint

4. Tom D says:

I think you’ve answered you own question with the photos you’ve posted.

All the photos are excellent, but the paintbrushes and the “play” are standouts.

GO MACRO!

5. Darlene says:

Can I just say you ROCK!!!!! These photos are great!!!
    I use a 90mm macro but want to get a 50mm macro

6. rudrip says:

These are gorgeous photos. I love the shot of the paintbrushes.

7. mary says:

Gah–you want me to pick favourites–there are too many. Love the paintbrushes, the field and the second last one of the car.

Although I am certainly no pro, I do love our 50mm, especially for portraits.

Have fun lens shopping!

8. Sarah Jean says:

Beautiful pictures! I love the chipped paint and the old cars! Happy travels! Good luck with the lens decision. You can’t go wrong with any of them 🙂

9. violette says:

these are ALL great photos…….i am so impressed and feel rejuiced just by looking at them. Love, Violette

10. Jodi says:

Found your blog through Vivienne-I took YAYOM. I also have many and love Polaroid cams. I will be visiting often-love your perspective on things. Congrats on your 2nd show ;0)