April Showers…

Tuesday, April 26th, 2011 11
Posted in: Funk, SOOC

It’s been a wet, cold, and dreary April here in Nebraska. It’s contributed to some low moods and a rather *meh* birthday weekend. And although one of my most cherished places on earth ~ Oregon! ~ is a rather rainy place for many months of the year, at least it’s always green and lush there. I’m craving some light. And some green. And some lush-ness. While I wait (and practice the virtue I likely need the most), here are a few more shots from that emerald state and my visit last month.

Gorgeous blue glass on my friend’s windowsill. Note to self: start collecting colored glass.

A beautiful, rusty truck with the old-school blue and yellow license plate.

A homemade wind-chime.

How’s the weather where you are? What are you craving these days?

1. Celina Wyss says:

Love those photos, they are beautiful. I’m craving warmth! I’m pretty sure we are still in winter here even though things are turning green. It is cold! I’m ready for warm weather and freedom to go outside without a coat!

2. andrea says:

so lovely, friend. so incredibly lovely.

3. suvarna says:

Oh yes, do become a glass collector! I’ve just started to collect with small items I picked up here and there, It’s beautiful and doesn’t cost a lot (yet anyway) and so much fun. Plus it gives endless shooting opportunities.

4. Darlene says:

Love the photos – it was finally really nice here on LI, NY today – 87!!!!!
    It’s suppose to rain tomorrow and Thursday – I will still takebrain photos

5. darlene says:

it is finally warming up here, warm being a relative term and there are even shoots of green pushing up through the earth … but i am craving the open road, good thing there is one in my future 😉 xox

i missed your birthday … sending you birthday love even if it be a little bit late xoxox

6. kerry says:

Love the old truck…..reminds me of my dads……great photo…..

the weather is still cold and raw here in boston with some teasing days of warmth…….
    i am craving warmer days to enjoy outside……………

happy belated birthday…..i too am a APRIL birthday…..

7. Imene says:

It looks like you are craving color and texture ;o)
    I am craving warmer days, longer hours and wisdom ;o)

8. mary says:

As soon as I saw your question, I automatically thought sunshine! We’re needing it here in Ontario, too, although it did make a brief appearance this evening! I’m craving warm enough weather to pull out the flip-flops.

I love your pictures and I especially love the picture of the truck. Gorgeous.

9. mary says:

I love your pictures and I especially love the picture of the truck. Gorgeous.

Have a great week, Meghan.

10. Sarah Jean says:

At least the sun is peaking out a little today!!

11. I feel your pain…it’s been such a cold, dreary spring here, hasn’t it? I love your pictures…the green glass and that old beat-up truck make me smile.