I’ve Been Tagged
The talented Cherish of Cherish Bryck Photography recently tagged me in a friendly blogger game of “tag.” It seems like a fun way to get to know some favorite bloggers so I thought I’d play along. Here goes…
~ You must post the rules (hence, here they are!).
~ Answer 11 questions the tagger posted for you.
~ Create 11 questions to ask the people you tag.
~ Tag 11 people.
~ Let them know you’ve tagged them.
Here are the questions Cherish created and my responses to each…
1. If you had to pick, would you rather photograph truth or beauty?
I’d much prefer to photograph truth than beauty. I think beauty for beauty’s sake may not always be so truthful. But, truth has its own beauty. Always.
2. Name one thing about you that will make us smile.
I can touch my nose with my tongue.
3. Show me an image that takes your breath away.
This is the Oregon Coast. I shot this photo last year during an incredible trip. That ocean, those clouds, that view takes my breath away.
4. Best childhood memory.
Eating lemons with peppermint sticks at my school’s May Day Fair.
5. Favourite time of the day and why.
Golden hour, on either end of the day, because the light is so perfect.
6. How many languages do you speak?
Unfortunately, only one as I don’t believe that knowing how to say colors, numbers, or “dog” in another language (2 even!) counts.
7. Do you make your bed?
Does throwing the duvet cover on top count? If not, then only when I change the sheets.
8. Let’s go for a drink. What are we having?
Margaritas. Or red wine. Or this really yummy ginger mojito at this great restaurant in town.
9. Show me a photo of where you would like to be right now.
10. What does having a blog mean to you?
Writing and sharing my photography here at Life Refocused means a great deal to me. Creating this space has given me an opportunity to share who I am and who I am becoming. This blog has helped me connect with so many interesting, creative, soul-full people. It has given me a place to be exactly who I am, as imperfect and as in-process as that may be.
11. Show me what happiness looks like to you.
Ok, now it’s your turn. Tag, You’re It!
Melissa of The Long Haul Project
Lindsey of The Modchik
Sarah of The Re-Picturing Women Project
Kim of K. Miller Photographs
Christy of Urban Muser
Amanda of Mocking Bird
Sarah of Paper*Crown
Whitney of His & Hers
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
2. What is something about you that people would be surprised to know?
3. What’s your go-to book recommendation?
4. What do you like best about yourself?
5. Share an image that captures a special moment for you. Why did you pick this moment and this photo?
6. If you could have a super-power, what would it be?
7. If a movie was going to be made about your life, who would play you?
8. When other people talk about you, your life, who you are, what is that you hope they say?
9. Share a photo of one of your favorite people. Who is it and what makes them one of your faves?
10. If you could have your perfect meal made for you, what would it be?
11. Which of your blog posts is your favorite and why?
I hope all the fantastic women who I tagged play along! I really want to hear what they have to say. I also hope you check out these women and their blogs — they share some fantastic photography, art, and thoughts on life.