Through

Tuesday, June 2nd, 2015 14

Walking this new path in my life, managing this unexpected part of the journey, I find myself fumbling. I’m tripping over unseen roots and keeping a kind of hyper-vigilance. I seem to be holding my hands out in front of me as if to protect myself from branches and brambles, trying to keep the painful obstacles that might be ahead at bay. I suppose I am quite literally feeling my way.

gate_rsAlthough I feel lost most days, I keep moving forward. I keep reaching out in front of me. Listening to mySelf. And I take step after step. While I am completely unsure of where I’m headed and what the destination may be, I know one thing for certain. I am going THROUGH. I know there is no going around. There is no evading what is, however painful and difficult it may be. There is no outrunning the truth, the heartbreak, the grief.

There is only THROUGH.

1. Staci Lee says:

It is so brave to listen and hold our own hearts and find them valuable and worth listening to. Beautiful, honest words.

2. Darlene says:

Beautiful photo and we’ll written post – moving forward is all you can do – taking baby steps
    Your words help me in my mixed up journey right now – stay strong and confident in the fact that you can and will make it over this bump in the road

Thanks, Darlene. I’m glad that my experience can help you in some way, too. Sending you love for your journey. xo

I’m so sorry about the upside-down-ness and the difficulty. You inspire me with your forward focus and your commitment to seeing the good. Sending you love. xox

You are so strong and so inspiring. I’m so excited to see what life will be like for you when you emerge on the other side.

5. Melanie says:

Keep going through-many of us are here to hold your hand when you need it. ❤️

6. Kelly Farquharson says:

One of my favorite Alanis songs is titled “The Only Way Out is Through”. I love the message so much -painful as it is, was, and has been for me some days – I almost got it tattoo’d on me. I did not, because I soon realized that feeling of “I just need to get through this” will pass. It is a painful and often gut-wrenching feeling. But it is temporary. Sending you lots of strength (and some dance party vibes if you look up Alanis’ tune!). xo

Thanks for kind words and the music suggestion, Kelly. I’ll take some dance party vibes any day! xo

7. Eileen says:

Go forward!

8. Elizabeth Grant Thomas says:

Have the perfect card to send your way next week. xoxo